I'm always looking to experiment with the not so pretty and broken bits of cookies that come with holiday baking. Recently, I was noodling nut butter ideas and a connection was made.
|Pepperoni Salted Ginger Snap Peanut Butter|
Why not make a cookie butter? It should have been obvious after having experienced Biscoff Spread. It's a delicious speculoos cookie spread. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend getting a jar to enjoy. Be careful not to eat the entire container in a sitting.
I spun up the food processor with ginger snaps until they were crumbs. Next I added peanut butter & continued spinning until it was thoroughly mixed. This was followed by drizzling oil until it became a spreadable consistency. I balanced the base flavor with pepperoni salt and a touch of honey. The result yielded a delicious so wrong so right moment. Once you try it, you'll understand.
- Food processor
- Broken and ugly cookies
- Nut/seed/dairy/other butter (optional but recommended)
- Matching or neutral flavored oil
- Any complementary salt in concentrate, powder or granule form
- Sugar syrup like honey/maple/whatever makes sense
- Process cookies to yield 2 cups of crumbs
- Add 1/8 cup butter of your choosing & process until fully incorporated
- Drizzle oil while processor is spinning until it reaches a spreadable consistency
- Add salt to taste
- Supplement with syrup as needed
I look forward to seeing what you come up with to keep the ideas bouncing.